Hello, I would like to tell you about my experience with they’re real push-up liner-lash-hugging gel liner pen. Producer says it is the first lash-hugging gel liner in a pen! According to the producer, this matte black gel formula doesn’t smudge, budge or dry out. The innovative soft AccuFlex Tip hugs your lash line from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye!
HOW TO APPLY: Twist base once to ‘push up’ gel liner to tip. Resting the AccuFlex tip on the base of your lashes, slowly guide along your lash line from the inner or outer corner. The angled AccuFlex tip works both ways. For first-time use, remove and discard tip protector. (I wish I didin’t listen to this advice 🙂 ) Activate they’re real! push-up liner by twisting base until gel is delivered to tip. Wipe any excess on tissue.
91% said it was longwearing**
88% said it hugged the lashline**
84% said eyes looked visibly larger**
**Results observed in a consumer panel survey on 32 women after 2 weeks
*Instrumental test on 19 panelists (In my personal view 19 panelist is not a viable thorough statistical data)
#1 Prestige Gel Eyeliner in the US*
Allure Best of Beauty for beauty breakthrough, 2014
Allure Best of Beauty for best gel/cream eye liner, 2014
Isododecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica. [+/: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]. N‚Å∞ 08395/A
I think all the ingredients except for : dimethicone and phenoxyethanol are OK, not natural, but…OK
- Love the concept of the gel pen.
- Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner, it’s true to it’s claims, it does actually hug the lash line.
- The Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner formula is super waterproof, but it isn’t oil-proof, although Glove has no problems with it
- no smudging
- can be worn by contact lenser users, tested by me, while wearying my contacts for longer that advisable length of time 😉
- non irritating, although I never had any eye irritation caused by eye makeup.
- Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner dried out after few weeks even though I made sure I closed it properly after each use.
- It takes time to get used to it, I had liners that are easier to use and last longer.
- it is not long lasting, it flakes on me after a couple of hours.
- Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner crumbles on application especially when there is too much product
- This formula dries quickly, and the gel liner is simply not build-able.
- Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner is not for eyeliner beginners
Tips that I wish I knew about sooner
- This is a gel liner, and it tends to dry up if not looked after properly so keep the pen tightly capped. Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner can dry out quickly. I wish I kept that little orange plug and put it back in after every use. (I threw mine away, If I didn’t I would probably loose it pretty quickly anyway as it is so small.)
- The Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner is very waterproof, but it is not oil-proof. Make sure you use primer if you have oily eye lids.
- The gel dries on eye lids pretty quickly, make sure you don’t go over areas of already-dry liner if, it might get lumpy and flaky.
- Wipe off the tip between eye applications makes all the difference.
- You’ll need waterproof eye makeup remover or Glov to get the Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner off.
- Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner requires a bit of practice.
- You may need two clicks instead of one, but not more than that.