Joik Advent Calendar Day 9 – JOIK Silky and luxurious facial serum with cranberry seed oil
Hello Everyone! It’s day no 9 of Joik Advent Calendar 2017 … and it is Friday … it felt like a looong week. Today’s offering is a mini version of JOIK scented sachet.
To be honest it was Friday two days ago and I am only posting it on Sunday … but nobody is perfect 😉
When this calendar was first delivered it smelled like biscuits. I could not figure out what smelled so tasty lol …. well now I know.
Day 9 – JOIK Silky and luxurious facial serum with cranberry seed oil
This is the first product from JOIK advent calendar that I don’t really like. It is an oil based serum. I have to say that I love serums I have a few at the moment and I have used loads. I love oil based serums for night time. When I took it out of the box I really thought I will like it. I can only give first impressions but:
- I really really hate its smell. I don’t know why, but when I apply it to my skin it smells like a fish.
- Performance wise I think my other oil based serums can give better results.
- I love the idea of a roller. It distributes the product evenly. The full size bottle has a different design (a dripper).
- It absorbs quickly without leaving any residue.
- It gave my skin a nice sheen without looking greasy.
- It is recommended for dry and mature skin, I have very oily skin. I checked the ingredients and don’t think it contains anything that could break me out, so I will continue using it.
JOIK Silky and luxurious facial serum with cranberry seed oil – Producer Description
JOIK luxurious facial serum is perfect for dry and/or mature skin.
* Olive squalene oil is an amazingly light luxury oil that resembles the skin’s own natural sebum and helps to renew skin in a natural way; * Cranberry seed oil has an exceptionally high level of vitamin E which helps to moisturise the skin and preserve its elasticity; * Wheat germ oil and quinoa oil helps in skin cell regeneration; * Safflower oil and passion fruit oil absorbs quickly and helps to take nutrients deep into the skin; * Wheat protein smooths and firms the skin and helps to prevent moisture loss.[/sm_column_text][sm_custom_heading heading_tag=”h4″]JOIK Silky and luxurious facial serum with cranberry seed oil – Useage[/sm_custom_heading][sm_column_text]Apply 6-8 drops of JOIK facial serum on your skin and gently spread it on your face and neck. The serum absorbs quickly and leaves the skin silky and smooth. Use the serum in the evenings after cleansing. In case of very dry and/or mature skin the serum can also be used in the mornings. Shake well before use. Keep away from high temperatures.[/sm_column_text][sm_custom_heading heading_tag=”h4″]JOIK Silky and luxurious facial serum with cranberry seed oil – Ingredients[/sm_custom_heading][sm_column_text]carthamus tinctorius seed oil, squalane, triticum vulgare germ oil, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, passiflora incarnata seed oil, vaccinum macrocarpon seed oil, hydrolized wheat protein, tocopherol, aniba roseadora wood oil, linalool*, geraniol*, benzyl benzoate* * components of natural essential oils
JOIK Silky and luxurious facial serum with cranberry seed oil – Summary
I am not one to complain, but I really don’t like this product. It is purely because of its smell. Maybe there is something wrong with mine one, because nobody else minded its smell. I normally am fine with a lot of smells. I can put up with a lot, but this one really bothers me. Because of this I might use it on my body but will avoid my face.
JOIK Silky and luxurious facial serum with cranberry seed oil 30ml is available from LoveLula for £17.00 I don’t think I will purchase a full size of it. I have and know about other serums that work for me 🙂
Hope you enjoyed my little review. Have a nice day or evening, … depending on the time you are reading it xx